The Breville air fryer is a great tool for those who are short on time but still want to enjoy fried food. It’s also beneficial for those who are health-conscious and looking to cut down on their oil intake. Read this article to find out how you can clean your own air fryer so it will be ready the next time you need it!
Steps of how to clean breville air fryer:
- Prepare an area for your Breville air fryer to rest during cleaning.
- Remove the cooking rack from the fryer’s basket.
- Turn the machine upside down and remove any loose food particles with a damp cloth, toothbrush, or nylon scrub pad (for stubborn bits). Clean around all buttons, small crevices, and knobs very carefully, as this is where most food buildup accumulates.
- Turn the machine’s right side up and remove the fryer’s black plastic cover (this should be done often to prevent a greasy film from building up). Clean it with warm water and dishwashing soap. Dry thoroughly before putting it back on the unit, or mold may form undercover.
- The removable drawer at the bottom of the latest air fryer 2022
collects excess oil that drips off during frying; clean it by wiping it out with a cloth (for stubborn bits, use a toothbrush or scrub pad).
- Remove cooking rack, wipe down with a damp cloth, then place in the dishwasher for cleaning *OR* place in oven, on self-clean cycle, for deep cleaning.
- Clean the metal exterior with a soft cloth and warm water or household glass cleaner. Dry thoroughly before replacing the cover (this ensures good contact with the magnetic safety switch).
- Replace cooking rack and black plastic cover to the unit when finished cleaning *OR* place in dishwasher/oven during next use for regular care.
- Now you’re ready to enjoy your freshly cleaned Breville air fryer!
Is there a special way to clean the bottom of the basket where oil drips?
Yes, there is. For stubborn bits, use a toothbrush or nylon scrub pad (only if it’s safe with the material). The black cover on the unit should be wiped down often in order to prevent a greasy film from building up for this part of the process.
Why does my fryer smell like it is burning when I start cooking?
The machine may be dirty (take it out and clean) or may need extra care when cooking at lower heat levels. Try starting again but adjusting heat accordingly. If the problem persists, contact Breville customer service.
Can I put my air fryer rack in the dishwasher?
Yes, you can. However, do not clean the basket in the dishwasher. The
basket contains a heating element that should never be submerged in water.
How often should I clean my air fryer?
It’s best to deep clean at least once a week and wipes down the exterior (interior) with a damp cloth. Do not immerse the cooking basket in water; it contains a heating element that should never be submerged in water.
Does it matter which setting I use, or will any setting work?
Yes, it does matter which setting you choose because some modes may reduce your food’s moisture level and crispiness. Always read your user manual for specific instructions on how to get the desired result from using lower heat levels. Should you experience issues such as burning, adjust your settings accordingly.
Do I need to season my Air Fryer?
No seasoning required! It comes ready to use; however, following the manufacturer’s instructions and user manual is always best.