An explosion occurred in the garage cooperative of Arkhangelsk

Photo of author

By admin

At about eight o’clock in the evening on December 15, a gas mixture ignited in a garage cooperative on Dzerzhinsky Street, as a result of which one person was injured. The unified dispatching service informs about it.

The preliminary cause of the outbreak is a malfunction of equipment that was installed on an old foreign car parked in the garage. Probably, the deterioration of the units has led to a gas leak that has accumulated inside the room. The ignition was accidentally provoked by the car owner – he opened the garage and turned on the light, after which a powerful flash suddenly occurred.

The firefighters who arrived on call liquidated the burning, the neighboring boxes were not damaged. The car was completely burnt out, the garage was smoked from the inside. The car owner was hospitalized with burns to his face and hands on 11% of the body surface.

Leave a Comment