Women who notice skin ulcers, redness, and swelling after bleaching must visit the best dermatologist in Model Town Lahore. These can be the side-effects of skin bleaching, which requires medical attention to avoid complications. The specialist will identify the cause and illness to treat accordingly.
The procedure of Skin Bleach
The purpose of the skin bleach is to lighten the dark hair and complexion. It causes a decrease in melanin which temporarily changes the skin complexion. The procedure of using the skin bleaching product includes:
- Wash the face and apply the product using a cotton pad or a brush.
- Avoid applying the product near sensitive parts, such as eyes, lips, and near nostrils.
- Wait for twenty minutes and remove the sung sponge.
- The color of the hair changes for some days. After removing the product from the face, apply a moisturizer to avoid dryness.
Side-Effects of Skin Bleaching
Most people use bleach for instant results. However, it can have an adverse impact on overall health. The side-effects of skin bleaching are:
Mercury Poisoning: Most of the bleaching products contain mercury, which has a negative effect on the overall physical health of the consumer. Mercury poisoning can cause permanent kidney damage and cognitive impairment. The symptoms of mercury poisoning are:
- The person has elevated blood pressure without any prior condition.
- The person remains lethargic for most of the time.
- The individual becomes sensitive to natural and artificial light
- The person starts to have numbness in the legs and arms.
- The patient starts to exhibit neurological symptoms, which include irritability, tremors, confusion, and memory loss.
- The patient exhibits symptoms that correlate with kidney failure.
The use of the chemical on the skin can cause rashes. Skin bleaching agents can cause inflammation. The symptoms of dermatitis after skin bleaching are:
- The area where the person used the bleach appears red.
- The person can notice skin ulcers and blisters after the use of the product
- The skin appears to be scaly, dry, and itchy
- The individual can notice swelling on the skin where they applied the product
Steroid Acne: The bleaching products that contain corticosteroids can cause steroid acne. The symptoms of steroid acne become noticeable after using the products The symptoms include:
- The person can notice large red bumps on the area they applied the product
- The person starts to notice whitehead and blackhead in a couple of days after using the product
- Acne scars become more noticeable
- The person suffers from pain due to the bumps.
Exogenous Ochronosis: The skin bleaching products that contain hydroquinone can cause exogenous ochronosis. In this condition, the skin has blue and black pigmentation. It affects the overall appearance of the person and may lead to low self-esteem. Therefore, it is essential to read the ingredients before using them to avoid complications.
The product that contains mercury can lead to nephrotic syndrome. Kidneys are responsible for filtering out the toxins from the body. In this condition, the mercury causes damage to the blood vessels and hinders the functioning of the organ. The symptoms of nephrotic syndrome are:
- The person can notice swelling around the eyes
- The person can notice foamy urine, which indicates kidney disease.
- The patient has a loss of appetite that affects the overall mental and physical health
- The individual can notice swelling in the arms and feet due to excessive accumulation of fluid in the body
- The person remains lethargic and cannot engage in physical activities
People should visit the best dermatologist in DHA Karachi for guidance regarding other treatment options for skin brightening with fewer side effects on their physical health.