The question that rose in one’s mind, what is a guest post? So, in this article, we are going to give the answers to your all questions. We hope that after reading this article your all queries related to Guest posting will be clear. Basically Guest Post is an article written and posted on someone else’s blog. The main difference between a post and guest post is that when we write something on our own blog so we call it just a “post”. On the other side when we write something on someone else’s blog the writer is a ‘guest’. Guest posting is a tool that is helpful in SEO. For more details scroll down to the next section.
What is guest blogging?
Table Of Contents
Simply we can also call Guest Blogging a ‘Guest posting’. It is basically the act of writing content for another company’s website. Guest Posting is a digital marketing tactic in which we can write and publish one or more articles for other websites. However, Guest Posting offers mutual benefits for both the guest blogger and the website hosting the guest content.
Let’s dive into a few major benefits of guest blog
- Attract traffic back to their website.
- Boost their domain authority using external links to high-authority domains.
- Increase their brand credibility and awareness.
- Build relationships with peers in their industry.
Who can write a guest post
There is no hard and fast rule for guest posting, almost anyone can write a guest post. It is quite easy and simple but the important thing to remember is that the quality of the content is good because it will generate more traffic to your site. You can’t generally “make” a post go viral. But it does not need to go viral. It just needs to be helpful, on-topic, and well-written to generate traffic on your site.
Moreover, a good guest post that is on a trending topic, relevant, and can be of various lengths. Mostly the length of guest posts is between 500 and 1000 words but it should be more beneficial for you if it is much longer than that. More like 2500 words. Data suggest that more content means your web page has odds for a high position in Google results.
Advantages of Guest Posting
Here is the list of some benefits that people get from guest posting:
- Guest Blogging helps to build your own profile as an industry expert.
- It helps to grow your personal brand.
- Guest Posting maximize you audience.
- It also improves SEO performance.
- Guest Blogging built authoritative backlinks.
- Build relationships and drive new partnerships e.g. co-marketing partnerships, job offers.
- It also drives referral traffic.
- Improve a company’s brand awareness.
- It helps you to get more leads, users and even customer.
Basics of guest posting
If you are interested in Guest Posting and want to learn about that so in this section we will guide you the basics of Guest Blogging. Here are a few guidelines about writing guest posts you should know.
Important Things to Remember About Guest Posts
- Guest posts must be well-written. Search engines are beginning to get choosy, people too. Write long-form, compelling content (at least 1,000 words)
- They need to be on-topic. People must want to read them to get maximum value. Break the text into small, digestible paragraphs.
- Don’t post on sites that clearly post a lot of guest content because the links are pretty much useless. People should want to share those using social media. Sharing increases readership.
- Outbound links must be helpful and relevant to the article.
- Use original images and graphs to make the content more linkable.
- Add quotes from friends and influencers.
- Link to your other published guest posts.
- Link to your own, relevant content.
- Link to other publications: studies, data, thought leadership etc.
- Link internally, to other articles from your publisher. Optimize for on page SEO.
- Add your byline and explain what makes you an expert on that topic.
How Does Guest Blogging Impact SEO?
So, the simple answer is that as long as you are careful and considerate about creating high-value guest blogs for websites. So, it can be a great tool for building your domain authority and moving up in SEO rankings.
Although, as long as your content is of high quality and meets the requirements, so it can be very beneficial for you. Guest posting is a great way to increase your site rankings. The way Google sees it, if other people are linking back to your blog on their own websites, then the content on your blog must be relevant and interesting. The Goggle algorithm checks out the content to whether it meets the requirements and then approves it. The Google PageRank is only an algorithm, so it can’t tell the difference between dynamic content and spam. Here you’ll learn the essential steps to creating a successful strategy:
- Set specific, achievable goals.
- Choose topics that will benefit your own business goals.
- Find reputable guest blogging sites.
- Conduct guest blogging outreach.
- Write the post.
- Track your posts’ results over time.
Why Is Guest Blogging Important For Your Business?
The Guest Posting offers a number of benefits for your business. It helps you by sharing your content on other company’s sites. You can also establish yourself as an authority figure within your market, build relationships with other thought leaders in your field and expose your brand to an entirely new audience.
Moreover, featuring guest posts on your own blog will help you deliver new perspectives and fresh content to your audience. We’re all guilty of falling victim to a routine and growing tired of the same old stuff, so featuring guest posts is a great way to keep readers engaged not to mention the promotional boost that occurs when your guest bloggers share their blogs with their personal network. That’s all about Guest Blogging.