Users must be aware of the fact that they can resolve heaps of issues by just simply rebooting their Netgear WiFi extender. But, what if rebooting itself become an issue and your WiFi extender keeps rebooting. Then, here we have come up with some important hacks to rectify this issue.
Check the Power Supply
Sometimes users can get stuck with the ‘Netgear extender keeps rebooting’ issue due to the insufficient power supply to their extender device. So, check your Netgear extender device as it needs to be connected well to the power source. Additionally, check the power socket too as if it’s broken then try to plug your Netgear extender into another power socket. Sometimes, the broken wall socket is also the reason for this kind of issue.
Upgrade your Netgear Firmware
Updating the firmware of your Netgear router might resolve the ‘Netgear extender keeps rebooting’ issue. By upgrading the firmware of your extender device, you can also avoid issues like mywifiext not working. Here, we’ve mentioned step-by-step guidelines to update your Netgear firmware.
- First and foremost, ensure that your devices are getting an adequate power supply and are well connected.
- Access an internet browser on your computer device.
- Type the default web address in the address field and press the Enter key.
- You are required to enter the default username and password and click on the Log In button.
- Then, you’ll view a Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Now, take your cursor to the Advanced tab and click on the Administration option.
- Click on the Firmware Update option and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the update process.
Finally, your Netgear Firmware is updated. Now, you might be able to resolve the ‘Netgear extender keeps rebooting’ issue.
Overheating of your Netgear device is also one of the reasons for this kind of issue. So, always keep your device from getting overheated by turning it on and off from time to time. You can also use a USB fan to prevent your device from getting overheated. It’s one of the best ways to avoid the overheating and rebooting issue of your Netgear device. You can easily set up the USB fans to your WiFi extender by plugging the USB fan into the USB port of your Netgear WiFi extender.
Reset your Netgear Extender
If your Netgear WiFi extender still getting issues and keeps on rebooting, then, you can also try to resolve the issue by restoring it to the default factory setting. If you don’t have any knowledge to perform the Reset process of your Netgear WiFi extender. Then, we are here for your help. Here, you will get the necessary information through which you can easily reset your Netgear WiFi extender.
Important Note: Note down all the customized settings of your Netgear WiFi extender. Once it is restored to the default settings, you will lose all the settings you have made.
- Make sure your all devices are getting proper power supply and are well connected.
- Now, locate the Reset button on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Once found, press and hold the Reset button of your WiFi extender till the LED starts flashing.
- Then, your Netgear WiFi extender will restart automatically and will get restored to default settings.
- Re-configure your Netgear WiFi extender by accessing the Netgear login page.
Important Note: After restoring to default factory settings, you are required to use the default username and password to get access to the Netgear Setup wizard. Check the user manual of your Netgear product for the default username and password.
Once you are done restoring your device to the factory default mode, connect your WiFi enabled device to the extender’s netgear_ext in order to access the high-speed internet connection.
In this manner, you might be able to resolve the ‘Netgear extender keeps rebooting’ issue. If you find the information helpful. Just let us know by leaving a comment in the comment section.