The caretaker was injured in a fire at school No. 63 in Cheboksary

Photo of author

By admin

In Cheboksary, a fire broke out at school No.63. The caretaker was injured, who tried to knock down the flames with a fire extinguisher, the press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations in Chuvashia reported.

On Thursday, August 6, at about 2 pm, an automatic fire alarm went off in the school premises. The fire was located in a 12 square meter storage room on the second floor of the building. The fire was extinguished after half an hour.

At the time of the incident, there were six staff members at the school. Medical help was needed by the 65-year-old caretaker, who was poisoned by combustion products when he fought the fire with a fire extinguisher. The Ministry of Emergency Situations believes that the cause of the fire could be a short circuit in the electrical wiring. This version is currently being tested.

The prosecutor’s office of Chuvashia began its check on the fact of the fire. In the course of its implementation, officials will be assessed for ensuring fire safety at school on the eve of the new school year, the department noted.

Leave a Comment