On February 2nd, 1977 Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll was born in Barranquilla, Colombia. Shakira was a child prodigy; she wrote her first song at 8 and signed her first at the age of 13 with Sony corporations. She has a mixed origin as her father was Lebanese and Columbian, and she is Latino and Arabic. One can get to know more about her through buzinessbytes.
Shakira released her first record in 1991 at the age of fourteen Magia followed by her second record in 1993 Peligro.
Let’s know about her career details:
- She started working in a Latin sitcom namely El Oasis after which she once again started to focus on her singing. In 1995 her album Pies descalzos got popular and received great hits. After which her albums, namely Estoy aquí,Pienso en ti, and Un poco de amor were super hits.
- Shakira released her album Dónde están los ladrones which had multiple singles that received a lot of hits and got popular. It was from this album that she was awarded the Latin Grammy for the best female pop vocal performance and for best rock vocal performance.
Shakira won the Grammy in 2001 for her album MTV Unplugged for the best Latin pop album. Shakira faced critical judgements for her skills as a lyricist when it came to English songs. She proved them all wrong when her first English song Laundry Service hit the number of 13 million hits.
- Her charts and records were soaring high and her song Waka Waka became the theme song for FIFA 2010. Shakira became the highest selling Columbia star and the second most successful Latin artist Gloria Estefan with 70 million sales world-wide.
The Columbian singer has a net worth of approximately $300 million. She earned her fortune mainly by her record sales and her tours promoting her albums and songs. It is said that the rest of her worth was from her being a part of the popular reality, the voice where she appeared as a judge.
- Shakira being one of the highest selling Columbian singers , almost earned $2 million on her record. Till now, Shakira has sold approximately seventy five million records, making her the best-selling artist.
Shakira’s success brought her the title of the Queen Of Latin Music due to her versatile style in music. Shakira today is one of the world’s best-selling artists, as per the reports of the Forbes magazine Shakira is the first Latin singer in history who had so many sales.
Shakira has almost seventy two awards under her name they are as follows:
- Twelve Latin Grammy award
- Three Grammy awards
- Four MTV video music award
- Thirty nine billboards Latin Music awards
- Seven billboard music award
- Six Guinness book award
- And a star on the Hollywood walk of fame
Last month the artist sold off her catalogue of 145 songs to Hipgnosis and the financial estimate of the same is yet to be disclosed.