Salmon fishing on Sakhalin in 2021 will be unsuccessful again

Photo of author

By admin

The Federal Fisheries Agency has published a forecast for the Far Eastern salmon fishing season in 2021. As in the past year, it is planned to catch about 460 thousand tons of red fish off the coast of Kamchatka and Sakhalin – half the average ten years ago. This indicator was called by experts one of the lowest in many years.

The main share of red fish will hit the shelves from the shores of Kamchatka – 359 thousand tons. Sakhalin Oblast and Khabarovsk Krai will catch 45 and 37 thousand tons each. Magadan and Primorye for two will give 16 thousand tons.

The catch will be mainly pink salmon, this fish makes up about 70 percent of the total salmon volume. The remaining 30 percent are chum salmon, salmon, coho salmon, chinook salmon and sima.

“The salmon forecast for this year has been prepared according to updated methods, new data on the state of salmon stocks in the marine period of life, including the results of trawl surveys of juvenile migrations and analysis of the climatic situation in the North Pacific,” noted Ilya Shestakov, head of the Federal Agency for Fisheries …

The fact that the approaches of red fish to the Sea of ​​Okhotsk are significantly decreasing has been talked about for many years, and scientists have not yet answered the question of what is the reason: either fish counting barriers on rivers or global warming are assigned to be guilty.

Leave a Comment