Cancellation of free tests for those returning from vacation, two-week quarantine for those entering the country from regions of risk – tools for a new concept of combating coronavirus. Federal Minister of the Interior Horst Seehofer criticized the planned actions concerning travelers returning from abroad.
“During the crisis, we all need orientation and reliability,” the politician says. “Tests for returnees affect tens of thousands of people. Therefore, we should not change our strategy too often. ”
In commenting, Seehofer was referring to the course change that the federal government announced on Thursday after the conference of Angela Merkel and the prime ministers of the federal states. After the end of the vacation period, most likely from the end of September, the rules for those returning from risk areas will be changed.
Returning from risk areas will have to undergo mandatory two-week quarantine. It will be possible to reduce it by receiving a negative test result, made no earlier than five days after entering the country. The current regulations imply that travelers can avoid quarantine by presenting a test taken at least 48 hours before entering the country, or by taking a test in Germany.
Regarding the new requirements that the police should control those on self-isolation, the minister gave only cautious comments: “This is a new request. To solve it in the coming days, it is necessary to answer many questions. We will discuss everything, weigh and see what solutions we can find. “
Germany says this:
During the coronavirus pandemic, the incidence rate remained practically unchanged
Germany: No use of Corona warning app in school
Germany: Seehofer thinks spectators will return to stadiums soon
Three times as many PCR tests can be done in Germany than previously thought