If you are traveling on a motorcycle, you should protect yourself sufficiently – not only the motorcycle helmet but also suitable protective clothing serves. Motorcycle leather combinations are abrasion-resistant and protected with various accessories, two-pieces are considered more comfortable and one-pieces safer.
In the event of an accident, protectors dampen the impact, whereby protectors tested in various tests and certified according to European standards are considered to be particularly safe.lion longboards some combinations also have a windscreen. Take a look at our comparison table and choose a cheap motorcycle leather suit that suits your requirements.
Buying advice: How to find the right product in our motorcycle leather suit comparison 2024
Table Of Contents
The most important in a nutshell
- Leather combinations for the motorcycle can protect the rider from injury. They are usually made of cowhide or kangaroo leather, are extremely abrasion-resistant and are equipped with various protective accessories.
- Protectors on the elbows, shoulders, knees, hips, and back of the leather suit can dampen bruises. Elastic inserts ensure that the motorcycle combination sits comfortably and does not pinch the rider.
- A distinction can be made between leather combination one-piece and two-piece. Although two-piece models are the variant with higher wearing comfort, they are also less tear-resistant if an accident occurs.
According to statistics from the Federal Statistical Office, the proportion of motorcyclists in total accidents in Germany in 2015 was around 46% – 14.5% were seriously injured and 6% were slightly injured.
In order to contain the injuries in a fall on the motorcycle, riders should wear not only a helmet but also other protective clothing. In addition to gloves and motorcycle boots, this can also include motorcycle suits.
In our motorcycle-leather combination comparison 2024, we introduce you to one-piece and two-piece leather station wagons and explain which criteria you have to pay attention to in order to be able to go on tour with the motorcycle as safely as possible.
A leather suite provides protection in the event of a motorcycle accident
If you want to be protected in the best possible way in the event of an accident with the motorcycle, you should wear a helmet, which is the only part of the protective clothing required by law in this country, but also a motorcycle leather combination (short: leather suit).
A motorcycle station wagon is especially useful if the driver slips over the road in an accident. The protection of the driver is strengthened in a leather combination:
Protectors for impact damping
- Abrasive protectors (convert the energy of the impact into a slip movement)
- Very high abrasion resistance
- Particularly strong safety seams.
- The mostly black motorcycle leather suit covers almost the entire body. best cheap electric longboards the combination is equipped with protectors in places that are particularly susceptible to injury when protected: elbows, knees, shoulders, and back or spine.
Areas of your body such as the feet or head can be protected by the obligatory crash helmet and by motorcycle boots with protectors. For more information, see our comparisons to motorcycle boots and motorcycle helmets.
Standard EN 13595: For motorcycle station wagons, there is a standard in which the station wagon as a whole – jacket and trousers – is tested. The standard specifies, for example, the structure, strength of the seams, and abrasion resistance. If you want to be on the safe side, you should buy a motorcycle leather suit that has been tested according to EN 13595.
In addition to textile combinations (e.g. made of Cordura or jeans such as specific motorcycle jeans), there are leather suits for motorcyclists. In our motorcycle-leather combination comparison, the protective clothing made of leather should be in the foreground. We have put together the advantages and disadvantages of leather combinations:
can protect against bruises and fractures
prevents burns caused by grinding over the asphalt
provides good protection against drafts and cold
Mobility slightly limited
Uncomfortable putting on and taking off (especially for one-pieces)
of animal origin – not suitable for vegans