This article teaches you how to prevent your laptop from sustaining damage immediately after spilling a liquid on it. Keep in mind that although the following information is the best way to handle a spill yourself, there is no guarantee that your laptop will be stored safely; similarly, seeking professional help is a far better solution.
- Unplug the laptop and turn it off.
- Take the laptop out of the liquid.
- Turn the laptop over and remove the battery.
- Disconnect the external equipment.
- Open the laptop and place it on a towel.
- Wipe off any remaining liquid.
- Remove all the material you can.
- Dry internal components and remove any residue.
- Allow drying for at least 24 hours before turning it on.
1. Turn off the laptop and disconnect it from its power source immediately –
To do so, just hold down the laptop’s power button. If the liquid touches the circuits on the laptop while they are active, your laptop will most likely shorten, so the time is very important.
To disconnect the laptop from a power source, simply remove the charging cable from the laptop. It is usually on the left or right side of the laptop.
2. Remove the laptop from the residual liquid –
This will both minimize your laptop’s exposure to more liquid and decrease the risk of electrical shock.
3. Turn the laptop upside down and remove the battery if possible –
You can usually do this by flipping your laptop over, sliding a panel from the bottom of the laptop and gently pulling on the battery.
This step is not possible on a MacBook without first unscrewing the bottom of the laptop from the rest of the housing.
4. Unplug all external hardware –
This includes the following items:
- USB devices (flash drives, wireless adapters, chargers, etc.)
- Memory cards
- Controllers (e.g., your mouse)
- The laptop charger
5. Place a towel on a flat surface –
Here, you will configure your laptop for the next few days, so choose a hot, dry and unobtrusive area.
6. Open your laptop as much as possible and place it on the briefcase –
Depending on the flexibility of your laptop, everything from a laptop under the tent to a completely flat laptop will be possible. To speed up the process of drying the liquid, you can get a quick fix on the liquid to help.
7. Wipe all visible liquids –
To clean are the front and back of the screen, the case of the laptop and the keyboard.
Make sure your laptop is always with you while you do this.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/