We are still primarily reliant on natural gas, coal, and fossil fuel being the energy sources. Almost 99% of carbon emissions are emitted when non-renewable resources are utilized for producing energy. The significant dependency on fossil fuels is killing our environment with excessive carbon monoxide and methane, causing greenhouse gas and air pollution.
Is the shift challenging?
Table Of Contents
- 0.1 Is the shift challenging?
- 0.2 The Attributes of Clean Energy Legislations
- 0.3 Net Metering
- 0.4 Tax Rebates
- 0.5 Close Collaboration
- 0.6 Easy Guidelines
- 0.7 The Advantages of Clean Energy Legislations
- 0.8 Employment
- 0.9 Investment Inflow
- 0.10 Stable Prices
- 0.11 Cost-Efficiency
- 0.12 Improved Air Quality
- 1 Clean energy legislation introduced by local governments
Humans have been utilizing coal to generate energy for centuries. Unfortunately, it is still a common energy source in many third-world countries. Nonetheless, the authorities stay hopeful to reduce the harmful results from fossil fuels significantly.
Common renewable and safe energy uses include wind, solar, water, and geothermal. Therefore, governments worldwide have taken the initiative to promote their use through legislation. However, doing so will not be easy. It is beneficial to everyone involved. However, it gives the authorities the leverage to surface as sustainable and environmentally friendly. A typical example of the legislation is local governments in the sunny states promoting the advantages of solar power. The southwest is drenching in the sun, so why not put the natural warmth to use.
The Attributes of Clean Energy Legislations
The governments are constantly promoting solar power use on newer and existing structures without requiring much remodeling. It is an ideal clean and safe energy source in locations where the sun shines most of the day.
The local governments take many considerations in drafting these legislations. They consider the various incentives, such as providing rebates on equipment and solar panels. Other incentives include tax incentives, tax refunds, and forgoing permitting charges, so more property owners take on lighting their hope with clean energy.
Another incentive is net metering. It is a concept that measures the energy produced by renewable resources such as a windmill or solar power plant. The property owner is given credit when the system produces surplus energy. These credits can be taken forward to pay bills where renewable energy produces less energy than expected. Thus, it results in cost-efficiency too.
The local authorities are also introducing tax rebates. The tax rebates are offered on purchasing equipment and subsequent installation. This form of incentive will reduce the initial cost of installation, thus promoting commercial and residential lot owners to install solar panels, windmills, and other renewable systems.
Additionally, the local authorities work closely with property developers and homeowners to install renewable systems. These are done mainly by surveys or door-to-door campaigns to remove misunderstandings and false perceptions, resulting in a shifting trend to renewable systems.
Federal or state governments offer numerous incentives to help individuals install clean energy power generators. The federal government will offer tax rebates that are constantly updated on their official website. Further information is available on the energy sector website if you wish to peruse yourself.
The Advantages of Clean Energy Legislations
A shift in clean energy is expected to introduce numerous benefits from ecological, health, and economic sectors. The most obvious benefit is the reduced harmful gasses in the air contributing to the greenhouse effect. It will prevent more fossil fuels from unnecessarily burning when a cleaner substitute is available.
The renewable energy sector is also very labor-intensive. The solar industry alone can provide 100,000 jobs with unusual light hours in a province or state. Similarly, countries with a long coastline can erect wind farms, providing jobs to engineers, site inspectors, and maintenance workers. Individuals can also be hired and trained to repair and observe solar energy power stations.
These jobs will give rise to employment and boost the purchasing power of society. The individuals earning from the clean energy sector will contribute to economic activities, increasing aggregate demand. It is likely to boost the settlement of new businesses and investors flowing into the area.
Furthermore, with more residential and commercial property owners participating in safe energy, the prices of renewable sources are likely to stabilize too. This is mainly because the cost calculation will not include the exhaustive properties of diminishing coal or fossil fuel reserves.
By realizing these advantages, the owners will experience reduced electricity expenses. The incentive will be astonishing when it recovers the initial cost of installing and maintaining a clean energy power station in a year or two.
Improved Air Quality
Improved air quality is the added benefit of solar power and wind energy. Respiratory diseases and allergens will be significantly reduced. Thus, contributing advantageously to public health.
Clean energy legislation introduced by local governments
- In Austin, Texas, the legislators approved a resource management program in 2018 that encourages locals to install clean energy in their residential and commercial properties.
- The government in Annapolis, MD, presented legislation in 2017 that facilitates easy financing for long-term clean energy projects. The particulars involved a long-term loan with a flexible repayment program at a minimum interest rate.
- Colorado Springs practices a tax rebate of 25 cents per watt. However, the owner can experience a tax rebate of up to 40% against system installation costs with complete implementation.
- Milwaukee, WI, took action in s2018. It presented affordable financing legislation mentioning solar power installation. The legislation coordinated with energy generation and other reduced incentives such as installation cost and sight inspection.
- The government also created a tier program in coordination with the local government. It was based on relevant laws to promote solar energy.
- Georgetown, Texas, introduced a net metering system that was widely accepted. The legislation applied to property owners who were serious about employing clean energy. The legislation was applicable to panel ratings, the efficiency of the power generation, and inverter ratings. The tax rebates were allowed on buying and installing the equipment.
What Does the Future Hold?
Local authorities work closely with the utility bidder to promote clean energy to offset the catastrophic results. This is done by offering incentives for domestic and commercial lot owners whose structures will experience reliable energy for the coming long term. Hopefully, it will result in shared dependency on renewable energy sources from conventional oil and gas.