Graduation parties in Russian schools are likely to be restricted again this year. In 25 regions, Izvestia was told that the decision on the format of the holiday would be made based on the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor. At the same time, some subjects still plan to return the full-time format of the event. But parents will most likely not be allowed on it, and all classes will not be gathered together. Some parents of schoolchildren, without waiting for the official decision of the regulator, intend to organize a graduation ceremony for their children in cottages and country hotels, the National Parents’ Committee told Izvestia.
It will be, but it’s not certain
In 2020, graduates were left without a traditional holiday due to the tense epidemiological situation in the country. This year, despite a more stable situation, most regions still have not made a final decision on the format of the prom. It will be taken depending on the statistics on the incidence of coronavirus and the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor. This conclusion can be drawn on the basis of responses to Izvestia from 25 regional ministries of education. And although in several regions they expect to hold full-time graduation, most plan to hold a holiday with restrictions.
So, for example, the Lipetsk department of Rospotrebnadzor allowed organizing graduation in schools, subject to a number of conditions: the celebrations will be held by class, and not everyone will be allowed in, Izvestia was told by the department of education and science of the Lipetsk region.
In Karelia it was reported that the number of participants should be no more than 50 people. Classes will be celebrated separately, with the exception of outdoor activities. At the same time, social distance and masks are required, the ministry of education and sports of the republic explained.
In the Perm Territory, they are planning a graduation ceremony without parents. At the same time, the school can either organize a video filming of the holiday, or start an online broadcast.
– The ceremony of presenting certificates will be held separately for each graduating class. If desired, the children in their class can hold festive “theatrical skits” for teachers, – noted the press service of the Ministry of Education and Science of the region.
For now full-time celebrations are planned to be held in the Kirov, Sakhalin, Ryazan, Voronezh, Yaroslavl, Volgograd and Vladimir regions, as well as in the Stavropol Territory… Nevertheless, in all regions they were assured that they would take into account the recommendations of Rospotrebnadzor. And in 12 constituent entities, Izvestia was told that the format of the event had not yet been established, since the situation with the incidence could change. In particular, no decisions were made in the Penza, Belgorod, Rostov, Tambov, Samara, Kaliningrad and Saratov regions, as well as in the Republic of Dagestan and Krasnodar Territory.
“Do it yourself”
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Chelyabinsk Region believes that graduation is a holiday for both schoolchildren and their mothers and fathers. Therefore, parents have to decide for themselves when and where to carry it out.
– The school is not obliged to organize such holidays. In addition, there are SanPiNs, which prohibit the holding of mass events with the participation of parents and strangers who are not involved in the educational process, the department explained.
Due to the fact that there is still no understanding of the format of the holiday, many parents are already planning to organize a graduation ceremony for their children on their ownYulia Matyunina, executive director of the National Parents’ Committee, told Izvestia.
– My son is in his senior year, and for me the issue of graduation is very relevant. We were told that the “last call” in Moscow will be held in full-time format, but without parents, ”she said. – Parents will be able to watch the broadcast from home. There is no exact information about the prom, but many parents are already renting cottages and hotels for their children to spend this important holiday together. In our school, most of the classes did just that.
Graduation organization is not a cheap undertaking. And parents, naturally, try to save money on what they can. This can lead to negative consequences, Yulia Matyunina believes.
– Recently, a large number of substandard offers from hotels, cottage complexes and food suppliers have appeared. At the same time, the safety of children is completely at the mercy of parents. Those who decide to save money on the celebration can pay great price for it, ”she warned.
The situation with the incidence of coronavirus is too volatile to now make predictions for the summer when graduation starts. It is necessary to decide on the situation and recommendations of the relevant departments, noted the doctor of medical sciences, the head of the department of microbiology of latent infections, the virologist of the Institute. Gamalei Victor Zuev.
– First you need to see what the incidence will be after the May holidays. Last year, as we remember, crowds of people ran to fry kebabs, after which there was an increase in the number of cases. Therefore, the fears of the regions that graduation should be held with restrictions are more than justified, – the expert explained.
Izvestia sent a request to the Ministry of Education with a request to clarify in what format schools will be recommended to hold the graduation party this year.