Smartbyte lets you attain the maximum signal strength while you are streaming any stuff. Here, it gets activated when you are watching a movie. Now, Smartbyte snatches most of the available internet speed to the streaming stuff. Hence, users can enjoy streaming without buffering. Then, we can’t say anything either this feature is pro on its a con. Thus, it can boost the streaming speed but because it slows down the system performance overall.
What is Smartbyte and steps to remove in various ways
Here, this specification is not on all Dell computers. Now, the users who wish to try this feature have to buy Dell Inspiron 27 7000 or up models. Smartbyte is enabling by default. Here, it works with Intel and Realtek Wireless chips.
How we need to disable Smartbyte in Dell Laptops:
- It would help you open the task manager on the Dell Windows computer. Here, you can use Shortcut keys for Task Manager are Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now, you can able to navigate to the Startup tab.
- A list of all stock programs will appear; find the smartByte Utility.
- Now, you can select the Utility and then click on the Disable option.
How to remove/uninstall Smartbyte from Windows:
- It would be best if you had to Right Click on the Windows Start button.
- Now, you may select the App and Features option from the list, and it is usually locating at the top.
- Then, you can locate the Utility named Smartbyte from the list.
- Here, you can find the tool, click on it and then click on uninstall.
You have to do the same action on all Smartbyte entries one by one to remove them from the computer altogether. Here, we can’t suggest anything. Either you should remove Smartyte or not. It depends on you and your usage. If you use a laptop to watch movies or shows, then Smartbyte is undoubtedly a hot cake. But, if you use a Laptop or Desktop for work purely, there is no space for a Smartbyte on your computer.
Why Should You Remove Smartbyte?
We have a very high-speed internet, like 100 Mbps and 802.11AC wifi. Now when we check my speed on a Dell laptop, it shows only 40 Mbps. We checked with three different speed test sites.
Later we found that SmartByte is the reason for low internet speed. We removed SmartByte from Dell, and everything goes back to normal. We are now getting full internet speed.
SmartByte is enabling by default in all Dell laptops and PCs. Here, if you are facing the same issue as we explained above, you can remove SmartByte.
How to Disable Smartbyte?
- 1.Open Task Manager with Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now click on startup and then find Smartbyte.
- Now select it and then click on disable.
How to Uninstall Smartbyte Utility?
- Open the start menu and search for Apps and Features.
- Search for SmartByte and click on it.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Repeat the process to remove all SmartByte related apps.
What is SmartByte Telemetry.exe?
Hence, SmartByte is an application tool that automatically detects when you’re streaming video and gives that feed most of the available Internet connection.
If you want to access the Smartbyte network service, you will have to get a new Dell system such as the 27 7000 Inspiron or behind. Still, it revealed no information about making it available as a standalone utility.
The Utility works with both Intel and Realtek wireless chips, which is enabling by default. But, you don’t have to panic about installing new Smartbyte drivers and services to get it.
Here, that been saying, you would expect that by having this tool installed, your Internet speeds should regulate better when streaming videos.
What is SmartByte from Rivet Networks?
We had this weird program called SmartByte Drivers and Services by Rivet Networks which we had not seen before. Here, we thought maybe it was one of those programs that claim to update your drivers but only cause more problems instead. But, we jumped over to Google and did a quick search for SmartByte by Rivet Networks.
SmartByte detects and prioritizes your critical video and communication traffic to ensure your online video experience will be fast, smooth, and at the highest resolution, your network can support.