What is the UGC-NET Exam?
The UGC-NET Is considered to be one of the most important tests that is undertaken by the National Testing Agency (NTA) Which has been entrusted upon them by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The major purpose of this test is to help determine the eligibility of the Indian nationals when it comes to the post for “Assistant Professor” and “ Junior research fellowship and assistant professor” across all major Indian universities and colleges.
Eligibility for UGC-NET
There are specific eligibility conditions that will need to be met by every aspirant so that they can sit for the examination. It is mandatory for every candidate to have at least 55% of marks without Rounding off in their masters. Candidates can belong to any string which includes Humanities and Social Sciences, computer science and applications, electronic science and even languages that are recognised by the Indian Constitution.
However, it is important to understand that no graduates are eligible to apply for the examination. Only post graduates who have the required set of percentage can submit the application form to appear for this examination. Infact students who are awaiting the results in the final year MA degree are eligible to apply for the exam.
Tips to prepare for the exam
It is important for students to take adequate training in the subjects so that they can become successful in the examinations being taken and showcase their ability to become a qualified assistant professor. There are several online course builder available who have been developed with the sole purpose of helping students have a better understanding of the examination pattern.
Also there are several entrepreneurs who have worked to create online courses to help cater to the needs and requirements of students so that they can effectively succeed in this examination. This includes helping them prepare for understanding the previous years question papers and the patterns used to improve their ability to manage time.
In the given section an outline has been provided regarding the major steps that can be undertaken by individuals who are intending to apply for this examination so that we can become successful in the same.
- One of the first steps that needs to be undertaken by every student intending to appear for the examination is to have clarity on the syllabus that will be needed to be followed to prepare for the examination. Every subject has a separate set of syllabus therefore it is important for students to have clarity on the syllabus that will need to be followed in their respective subjects.
- It is also important for the student to have a better understanding of the pattern that will be followed in the examination. It is important to highlight that there are two separate papers which the students will need to prepare. Both the papers are qualifying papers therefore the students will need to have clarity on both and should prepare and pay attention to both the papers.
- It is very important that the students have clarity on the pattern that is followed in the examination. This can be easily achieved by following the previous years question papers where the students will not only be able to understand the pattern that is followed but will also be provided with clarity on what kind of questions can be asked. Having knowledge on the pattern followed will enable the students to easily prepare for this examination.
- It is important that the students who are intending to pay for this examination follow a specific routine. This is because the students will be required to complete the syllabus starting from the under graduation as well as their graduation therefore having a routine will provide them with a system where they can effectively prepare all the subjects.
- The most important step that needs to be followed by every student is to have a proper sleep pattern with their sleeping for at least 6 hours to 8 hours a day. In this way it will be possible for them to take the stress of the examination and not Falter.
Therefore, following these tips will allow the students to be effectively prepare for this examination and become successful.