Water brought us life, oil brought progress, and many other liquids even saved lives. But what is the most expensive liquid in the world? Let’s start with the cheapest of the top ten.
10. Human blood: about 333 euros per liter. This price is due to the minimum reserves and the high cost of obtaining.
9. Mercury: about 720 euros per liter. The price is due to the fact that this single metal that remains liquid at room temperature is very difficult to find or obtain.
8. Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB): about 2,300 euros per liter. This substance, also known as liquid ecstasy, was originally used as a pain reliever; it now has a bad reputation for drug abuse.
7. Black ink for printer: about 2,400 euros per liter. Printer manufacturers justify the price by high research and development costs; often selling the printer at a loss, they profit from the sale of ink.
6. Insulin: about 2,700 euros per liter. This life-saving substance for diabetics is extremely difficult to obtain.
5. Perfume “Chanel No. 5”: about 5,800 euros per liter. Probably the most famous fragrance in the world.
4. Horseshoe crab blood: about 13,000 euros per liter. The blue blood of this living fossil contains a protein molecule that acts as its own primitive immune system and causes various bacteria to clot.
3. Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD): about 27,000 euros per liter. One of the most powerful hallucinogenic drugs in the world. Just one liter can send a million people on a “journey”.
2. King cobra venom: about 33,000 euros per liter. One of the unique properties of this neurotoxic poison is the restoration of nerve cells in the brain; it is used to combat Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia.
1. Scorpion venom: about 8.4 million euros per liter. The protein in this unique substance is used, among other things, in the fight against multiple sclerosis. In addition, it has been found that when consumed it can stop the growth of cancer cells.
Compiled by Alex Gradov
Germany says this:
Germany: COVID-19 at Mamming Cannery – 75 new cases
Germany: No Frankfurt Marathon This Year
Deutsche Bahn Against Mandatory Train Reservations
Germany: Sales of Zalando grow by almost 30% to 2 billion euros