Tanzanite is often considered to be a type of zircon, which is the gemstone that plays an important role in the birthstones known as August, September and October. However, it has a darker blue color rather than the more common greenish hue of zircons. Additionally, this gem’s compound of titanium dioxide makes it lighter and easier to wear than conventional stones with metals like iron or nickel. Though Tanzanite itself has less value compared to other gems like sapphires and rubies, when mixed with gold or silver onyx designs are created that are much more affordable.
Tanzanite is often seen in vintage jewelry as well as in newer pieces that are made for everyday wear, like Shungite jewelry. When set into a pendant, for example, this gem can be worn as an everyday piece of jewelry that has symbolic meaning to give a person the perfect look that they want to display. When designing a Tanzanite piece with gold or silver onyx design, pendants are popular, but Tanzanite earrings and rings make great pieces too.
Things to keep in mind:
It is important to make sure that you have the right type of Tanzanite to ensure its beauty will be fully appreciated by you and others who admire your jewelry. Just like some other gems, it also comes with at least seven different varieties. There are the red, orange and brown varieties that are called Tanzanite. Additionally, there is the ‘fancy’ brown color and a yellow to peach color. Though many people consider these to be the same variety of Tanzanite, it is important to consider some of their differences so you will know how to choose the right one for you and your jewelry designs.
There are many different ways in which you can choose a perfect Tanzanite for your jewelry designs. Before deciding on one though, it is important to understand what makes this gem unique from other stones like rubies or sapphires due its higher price tag.
How is Tanzanite made?
Tanzanite’s composition is titanium dioxide and its structure is different from other gems. It has layers, which are not only visible to the naked eye but can also be seen using a handheld loupe. This can be a real advantage when choosing the right size, cut and color for your jewelry designs.
It is important that when you choose a Tanzanite piece for your jewelry designs it must match the rest of your pieces and this involves finding a perfect gold or silver onyx design that will work well with it. There are many factors to consider for choosing the right size such as how big and thick the piece is in order to create an entire set of jewelry like a pendant or bracelet.
What is Tanzanite composed of?
Tanzanite is a type of blue-violet zoisite, usually found in Tanzania. It’s one of the rarest and most valuable gemstones on the market to this day. Known for its savagery and high quality, Tanzanite is used as a symbol of wealth and power in some countries such as Botswana.
Tanzanite is one of the rarest gemstones in the world, found only in a single mine in Tanzania. Tanzanite is bright blue and its color changes depending on light exposure. This gemstone has been popular since it first appeared at the beginning of this century, fetching high prices at auctions. The silver lavaliere bands are highly popular with modern women who like to accentuate their unique sense of style and uniqueness with jewelry that not everyone else owns. Get that real statement piece!
There are certain reasons why Tanzanite jewelry is in trend these days. Let us take a look at some of them:
- It covers the diversity of different shades and colors:- Since there’s no such thing as synthetic Tanzanite, it comes in a variety of shades and colors. From rich red to vibrant green to blue, you can get anything and everything in this beautiful gemstone. No other gemstone can offer you the same thing as Tanzanite does so proudly.
- It’s in great demand:- Tanzanite is a highly competitive gemstone in that it doesn’t have any equal. The quality and scale of different varieties of Tanzanite varies from each other and it ebbs up the demand for its physical appearance as well as its price. This makes it more popular than other gemstones like rubies, sapphire and emerald (though all these gems are rare too).
- It is getting more expensive:- The demand for this stone has never waned, so it’s only normal that tanzanite jewelry will be tough to get within a long time span. That’s why you need to buy it as soon as possible, because supply is not going to be enough.
- 4. It’s highly durable:- Tanzanite jewelry doesn’t get easily damaged and remains in trend for a long time. In fact, it will continue to gain popularity until the end of the 21st century.
- ‘Tanzanite’ is one name in itself:– In case you are wondering why Tanzanite is also known by the name ‘purple diamond’, well, that’s just how Tanzanite jewelry manufacturers come up with their names for their products (you could refer to any Tanzanite jewelry set as a purple diamond set).