A bill has been submitted to the State Duma to increase the monthly payment for unemployed Russians who care for Group I disabled people. Now they receive only 1,200 rubles a month for one person in care. The authors of the initiative want to radically increase this amount – up to 10 thousand rubles. Only unemployed parents, adoptive parents or guardians of children with disabilities and invalids of group I from childhood receive so much now. Details – in the material “Izvestia”.
Table Of Contents
The authors of the bill propose, from January 1, 2021, to make payments for citizens who are caring for disabled people of group I, disabled people of group I from childhood and disabled children of group I, the same – 10 thousand with annual indexation from February 1, 2021. These benefits are currently not indexed. The coefficient should be set by the government, and the costs themselves are proposed to be passed on to the federal budget.
Photo: TASS / Stoyan Vasev
The authors of the initiative are the head of the State Duma Committee on Labor and Social Policy Yaroslav Nilov, Deputy Speaker of the State Duma Igor Lebedev, deputies Dmitry Svishchev, Nikita Berezin and Senator Sergei Leonov. They are sure: 1200 rubles a month is an unacceptably low pay for such work. Taking into account the fact that caring for an adult disabled person of group I does not differ from caring for a person who received a disability in childhood.
The difference in approach
– This amount is, of course, small. 10 thousand is also not enough. But in no case can people [с инвалидностью] equate. It is imperative to assess the level of actual functionality of each individual person with disabilities. The presence of just the first group does not give an accurate picture, people are different, – said Igor Shpitsberg, head of the Center for Rehabilitation of Children with Disabilities “Our Sunny World”.
He explained: two people with the same diagnosis of cerebral palsy may need different levels of support – one may be lying down and need round-the-clock care (some even need two nurses), and the other may earn his own living.
Non-working able-bodied Russians can now take care of a disabled person of group I and legally receive money for this. But at the same time, they are prohibited from simultaneously receiving unemployment benefits and pensions.
Photo: TASS / Mikhail Tereshchenko
– In order to receive the first group, we must have no legs, be immobilized. The first group is hard. How can you live on 1200 rubles while caring for a sick person? – asks the head of the regional public organization of parents of disabled children and children with disabilities “DOM” (“Kindness, Responsiveness, Mercy”) Olga Kutukova.
The situation is also difficult for those caring for the disabled of the II group.
– It is necessary to look for an individual approach to everyone, – says Kutukova. – I take care of my mother myself. She was given a second group indefinitely. Retired, 71 years old. I take care of her constantly. It is impossible to leave her alone. She walks with difficulty.
Not only disabled
The size of the allowance for the unemployed to care for the disabled of the 1st group was established in 2006; It was decided to pay the same amount to those who take care of the elderly and people who have reached 80 years of age who need constant outside care. But indexation was not provided, so the amount of the benefit has not changed for over 10 years.
Interestingly, the initiators of the amendments did not propose to increase compensation for those caring for the elderly. According to Nilov, this will be said in another bill, which has not yet been submitted to the lower house for consideration.
– But we will fight for him too, – the deputy promised.
Photo: Izvestia / Kristina Kormilitsyna
Ramaz Akhmeteli, General Director of the Yellow Cross Nursing Homes Network, Board Member of the World of Older Generation Nonprofit Partnership for Improving the Lives of Older People, believes that each case is individual, and there are formally healthy elderly people who need more care than the official disabled of group I.
– Medical disability and dependence on outside care are completely different things. There are people who are not Group I invalids, but also need constant care. Not everyone has a disability. On the other hand, many people with disabilities for medical reasons will not need outside help. Care is not something set, it depends on what needs of the person are violated– he noted.
So far unchanged
For those caring for the disabled of the 1st group, in addition to the allowance of 1,200 rubles, certain allowances are now provided. In particular, they add money to those living in the Far North or in areas equated to the North. The district coefficient is also taken into account, as for all workers (the initiators provided for the preservation of these allowances in the project). The time spent on caring is included in the insurance experience and is counted along with professional activities.
Photo: Izvestia / Dmitry Korotaev
Recently, the Pension Fund transferred 27.1 million rubles for payments to citizens who took during the Covid-19 pandemic (from April to June) for the accompaniment or temporary residence of people from social service organizations (disabled people, the elderly, orphans). Since June, temporary trustees are paid 12,130 rubles per month… But the measure was not extended to those who continue to care for the elderly, disabled and disabled children and receive the allowance stipulated by the law – those same 1200 or 10 thousand rubles.
The problem of compensation for those caring for their elderly parents also remains. And the question is not only financial. In September last year, a bill was introduced to the State Duma on early retirement for those who care for their parents – bed I group disabled. The document is still pending in the first reading.
Childcare is important
For unemployed able-bodied parents (adoptive parents) and guardians (trustees) for caring for a disabled child under 18 years of age or disabled since childhood of group I, early retirement is provided now. Since 2013, they began to receive at first 5.5 thousand rubles monthly without indexation (for other persons – 1200 rubles); in 2019, the amount was increased to 10 thousand rubles. Trustees cannot receive pensions and unemployment benefits at the same time. The time of leaving is included in the insurance experience.
Photo: TASS / Artem Geodakyan
There are also regional payments. So, in Moscow, legal representatives of a disabled child or a disabled child from childhood to 23 years of age have the right to receive 12 thousand rubles a month for care. But to receive this payment, parents must opt out of federal assistance.and. Obviously, it is necessary to amend the law in this respect as well.