Investigators in the Moscow region are checking the circumstances of the poisoning of 14 second-grade students at one of the Elektrostal schools. This was announced on Thursday, January 21, by the press service of the department.
According to the department, on Tuesday, January 19, 14 children sought medical help at the hospital with signs of poisoning and fever. As the site of Rospotrebnadzor notes, we are talking about students of the secondary school №5. The department also launched an investigation into the incident.
“According to preliminary data, the cause of the disease is not related to the organization of meals in the general educational organization. According to laboratory studies, the cause of the disease in children was a norovirus infection, ”the report says.
Experts took tests from students and several school employees, writes “Moscow 24”. Samples of the products the children ate were sent for examination. Currently, all children are on outpatient treatment, no hospitalized. Their condition is assessed as satisfactory, writes the Moscow city news agency.
As the head of the city district Inna Volkova told TV channel 360, on January 21, five students no longer had any symptoms, the rest showed clear signs of improvement. The head of the city district emphasized that there is no talk of poisoning in the canteen, since half of the children did not eat there. It is noted that there were no new cases of complaints of poor health among schoolchildren.
The UK noted that investigators are interviewing officials. Required documentation requested. The regional prosecutor’s office also started the check earlier.