As a car owner in Denmark, it is your duty and your responsibility to ensure that your car is scrapped in a responsible manner by a certified and approved car wrecker when your car is no longer suitable for driving on Danish roads.
It is therefore essential to choose the right place to hand in your premium Skrotpræmie. Scrap cars can pose a danger of pollution. At 3skrotpriser.dk Company, we are ISO14001 certified and environmentally approved, and we can always guarantee you a team of experts in handling scrap cars. Improper handling can mean leakage of oil, gasoline and other liquids, which in the worst case can have an effect on our drinking water and streams.
What is a scrap car?
When exactly your car is a scrap car can vary slightly from vehicle to vehicle. So there are several criteria for when a car is considered a scrap car – and the next and final step is a scrapping.
A scrap car is thus the following;
- When your vehicle cannot be repaired and it is not economically defensible to repair it.
- If your car can not be registered without prior inspection. This is because it is not legal to drive on Danish roads in a car that has not been inspected. It is only allowed to drive from the auditorium to the workshop and back again.
- When your car has been deregistered from the engine office for more than 6 months and left unused at the same time as there is no sign that any kind of commissioning has been initiated.
- If your vehicle is not complete, then your vehicle is considered as if it had started scrapping – and thus as a scrap car. If this is the case, and if you have not registered your vehicle 2 months later, it is categorized as a scrap car.
- And then of course there is also the classic – as soon as your vehicle is handed in at an approved and registered scrapping company, it is considered a scrap car.
Here’s how to put one together for use with your car
In Denmark, it is not legal to have Skrotpriser standing on your own property. Therefore, if you have a vehicle whose next step in the journey is a scrapping, then there are a few things that are your duty to take care of in that connection.
The first is that you need to make sure that you get your scrap car handed over to an approved car wrecker. At 3skrotpriser.dk Company, we are certified and approved in the field of handling scrap cars. We understand that it can seem overwhelming when the time comes for you to get rid of your vehicle. That is why we also help to deregister your car with SKAT without any fees. We help you through the process, so that you ultimately have to do as little as possible – and so that you still feel safe throughout the process.
If you have problems transporting your scrap car from your home, we also have the opportunity to help you with that. We are happy to drive and pick up cars around the area – and still with the option of paying a scrap premium to you.
If you meet the requirements, you are entitled to a tax-free scrapping approval. Scrapping approval is the same as a scrapping premium. With us, you will almost always find the highest prices in relation to payouts. This is because we have a strong focus on being as short as possible from our customers to the smelter. The physical short distance makes it possible to raise the amounts to your advantage, leaving you with a scrap premium that is higher than most places.
In the case of a scrap premium Skrotpræmie, it is important to keep in mind that it is the owner who was last registered who gets the scrap premium issued. It is also the last-registered person who must sign the certificate, which you will receive from us when your vehicle enters. Should you be in a special case where the last registered owner does not have the opportunity to sign, then it is possible to apply for a dispensation, so that you or someone else has the opportunity to sign on behalf of the owner. Is it due to e.g. illness with registered owner, you will need to be able to document it, and thus the permit will be granted. This is done to avoid any possibility of cheating in relation to the scrap premium.
If you, as a company, have a large amount of scrap, we refer to industrial scrap .
If you have questions about scrap cars and scrap premiums, you are always welcome to contact us.