On Sakhalin, two students died in the shower

Photo of author

By admin

In a Sakhalin hostel, two students of the Sakhalin State University died from an electric shock. On the morning of March 26, young people 18 and 19 years old were found in the shower.

This was reported by the Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation for the Sakhalin Region. One of the guys was from the Dolinsky district, the second was a native of the village of Yasnoe, Tymovsky district.

According to eyewitnesses, the first young man went to the shower and received an electric shock from the water heater. Two students heard a bang and a loud scream and broke down the door. One of those who ran up grabbed the crane and also died from the discharge, the second turned off the switch in the dashboard.

A criminal case was initiated under article 109, part 3 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation – the provision of services that do not meet the requirements of the safety of consumers’ life, which inadvertently resulted in the death of two or more persons.

The Sakhalin authorities have promised to provide the relatives of the victims with the necessary assistance.

“A terrible tragedy happened, young guys died. My deepest condolences to parents, family and friends! It is necessary to understand the causes of the tragedy and take measures so that this will never happen again, ”said Governor Valeriy Limarenko.

The prosecutor’s office also became interested in the case. It is reported that students have repeatedly complained about faulty electrical wiring.