One should design his home according to what fits the entire family’s preferences. Flooring is an integral part of the house but still ignored when planning different things of the house. A homeowner keeps in mind the paint color to be used for different areas of the house, ceilings, woodwork, etc. but takes lightly which flooring should be used for which room in the house. Flooring enhances the look of the house. Choice of wrong flooring can spoil the entire impression of your home. For instance, for a family where small children and old age people live, slippery flooring will not work, but where a couple lives in a flat, glossy flooring will go amazing. One should take advice from an experienced architect before choosing flooring as to which type will go with your house’s design. Here are few tips you should avoid while deciding on flooring for your home:
- Choose a floor according to your family’s lifestyle: You should choose the floor according to your family’s lifestyle. If you have an old age member in your family or somebody in your family is suffering from backache, you should never go for glossy flooring rather than go for wooden flooring. Moreover, you should also consider that you want the same flooring for the entire house of different floorings for different rooms and areas of the house.
- Architect’s advice: You should not skip going for advice from an architect. Usually, people avoid hiring services of an architect to save cost, but it will cost you more in the future if you avoid taking proper guidance from an experienced architect. If you choose the flooring that doesn’t go with moist surfaces, flooring will come out few years. It will be wise to pay a nominal fee to the architect for his services rather than spend a lot more later to install new flooring again after few years.
- Financial estimate: People, while making a new home, usually go for costly things to be installed in the house as they feel expensive stuff will be long-lasting irrespective of whether it will go with their lifestyle and house’s design. This is not practical. One should not go beyond what their pocket allows. You can easily choose the right flooring for your home in your budget by taking advice from professionals.
- Measurements: This is the most common mistakes people make while choosing flooring for the house. Measurements of each room of the house before installing flooring are essential. People usually ignore this in haste, feel it is not as crucial to be considered but, honestly, it can spoil the look of your house and rooms. The design of the flooring will look vague after installation if not done according to the measurements.
- Don’t choose alone: You should always take your family along and consider their opinion in choosing flooring for the house as they are also going to live there. If the flooring is not according to their preference, they will not feel like living there. A combined opinion of the family is preferable.