Whipped cream dispensers have grown in popularity in recent years, especially in some countries. If you are from Australia, you have probably heard how convenient cream chargers are, from restaurants in Brisbane to housewives who love whipped cream chargers in Melbourne, this item is a very useful appliance that must be part of every household. Even if you use it once in a while, it enhances the texture of your preparations and cuts down the time you spend cooking. In this article, we bring you a classic recipe that will prove you don’t need to be an expert to create delicious desserts.
Perhaps some of the reasons why most people love fruit salad is because it is very healthy, rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fiber. Also it is versatile, as you can prepare it all year round by changing the fruits according to what is available and cheaper in each season, it is easy to make and you can have fun in the process with help of the little ones. And last but not least, you can enjoy it with your family and friends, since the result is so delicious. So, keep reading and taste the heavenly flavour of a homemade fruit salad with whipped cream.
What you need
As we mentioned above, one of the good things about this recipe is that you don’t have to necessarily stick to a certain list of ingredients. In fact you are free to remove or add as much fruits and toppings as you want. Although, below we show an example of the kind of elements you can consider for the fruit salad, you need to remember that as long as you have fruits and whipped cream, the result will be good.
- A can of pre-cut fruit cocktail
- Fresh fruit, such as: banana, strawberries, raspberries, apples, this will depend on the time of the year, the region where you live and your personal preference. If you are new to fruit salad, it might seem a bit strange to combine fresh fruit and canned one, but actually this unique mix results in a great balanced texture. While the canned fruit cocktail is soft and sweet, the fresh slices of fruit are usually more sour and have a harder texture, giving it a great balance.
- Marshmallows are a great idea if you are a sweets lover, they will add a fun, fluffy touch and taste really good when combined with the rest of the ingredients of the salad.
- Nuts: you can choose from walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans or almonds, or a mix of them, it comes down to your preference.
- Whipped cream dispenser and charger of your preference, if you have the chance you can choose the infused version that includes a flavour, but you can also leave the traditional flavor.
The final step
Now, you just need to mix the ingredients in a bowl, starting with the fresh fruits, then add the cocktail and the nuts previously grinded or chopped in little pieces. Finally, just incorporate the whipped cream with the aid of your dispenser and enjoy it with your loved ones!
click here for more articles.