is a legitimate antivirus and security app company that provides adequate protection against the worst of the internet. It often comes with Windows 10 or certain software downloads for new PCs. If your system has McAfee, this guide will show you how to disable and remove McAfee on your Windows PC safely.
McAfee is a fully competent security company offering high-quality products. However, appearance is not suitable for everyone, and there may be more appropriate options depending on the situation. With the improvements in Windows Defender, the need for third-party security software has undoubtedly become a complete option and may not be necessary.
Phone, laptop, PC manufacturers, and even individual software companies prefer to include other software in their downloads, especially if it is free. McAfee Antivirus Scan is an antivirus program developed by McAfee. Cancel your Mcafee Livesafe subscription is included in the antivirus scanning app. Mcafee Antivirus is now available on all platforms like Windows and Mac. Mcafee comes with a high-level protection subscription and other patches that protect your system from attack. You can also cancel McAfee antivirus to block additional antivirus services.
- Turn on the system or laptop.
- Turn on the default browser for your computer.
- Find the official McAfee website in your browser’s address bar.
- Enter your login ID/username and password to log in to your McAfee account.
- If you do not have a McAfee account, you have the option to sign up for a new one.
- Complete the email selection procedure and click next.
- The website opens an account for McAfee Antivirus.
- Go to settings.
- Click the Automatic Update option.
- If automatic updates are turned on, click the option to disable automatic updates.
- If the setting is already disabled, you do not need to do anything.
If you want to remove your subscription and license from the McAfee program permanently, you can always request support from McAfee Support.
How do you cancel my McAfee subscription?
You can cancel your McAfee subscription if you no longer need or no longer need a McAfee subscription. Options include cancelling your account and deleting all information. This is the same as unsubscribing; you can continue using other subscriptions. If you have a McAfee subscription and want to cancel it, you can read how to do it.
McAfee Subscription Refund Policy
Suppose you have an annual subscription to Consumer Security Services or Small Business Security. In that case, you will be eligible for a refund if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days of the subscription date. If you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 60 days of renewing your subscription, you will also receive a refund for your annual subscription. If you have a monthly subscription to any of the Services, you will not be eligible for a refund.
Turn off automatic updates.
When you no longer need a McAfee product subscription, it is easiest to turn off auto-renewal. Avoid charging new fees to your credit card. You can also continue to use your subscription until the expiration of your current subscription. Follow these steps to disable automatic subscription renewal:
- Go to the McAfee website.
- Click My Account.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the [Login] button.
- Hover over My Account to display the drop-down menu.
- Click Automatic Update Settings.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel.
- Click the Power button to confirm your selection.
If you do not have the option to turn off auto-renewal, they recommend you cancel your account and remove your email address and all account information. At this time, contact McAfee Customer Support to request a full cancellation. You cannot cancel your account on your own. McAfee has a chat, helpdesk, email, and phone options for contacting customer service. In any case, it is possible to disable McAfee on your Windows PC.
Disable McAfee Security Center on Windows PC
You can disable cancel McAfee antivirus manually on your Windows PC or use a tool designed specifically for your work. You can control the deletion manually, but you can work faster with the tools. This process involves several steps, all of which are necessary for the program to be removed. To manually remove McAfee Security Center:
- Right-click the Security Center icon on the Windows taskbar.
- Select Change settings and Delete on access.
- Select when the computer restarts and shuts down.
- Right-click the Security Center icon on the Windows taskbar again.
- Select Change settings and firewall.
- Select Disable when your computer restarts.
- Select the Programs and Features text link on the left.
- In the pop-up window, select McAfee Security Center and Uninstall / Replace.
- Follow the instructions to remove McAfee Security Center from your computer.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
- Use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool.
- Download McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool here.
- Install and use the tool and remove McAfee Security Center.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
Now that the McAfee Security Center has been removed, you need to make other adjustments to your computer’s security.