The Italian football club Inter has announced its withdrawal from the Superleague. This was announced on Wednesday, April 21, by the team’s press service.
“The club is no longer part of the Super League project. We always strive to give fans the best football experience. Innovation and inclusiveness have been part of our DNA since our inception. Our relationship with all stakeholders to improve the football industry will never change, ”the statement said.
Inter believes that football, like any other industry, should be interested in constantly improving its competitions within the framework of the principle of financial sustainability, so as not to lose the interest of fans of all ages from all over the world, the team noted.
“The football club hopes to continue to cooperate with institutions and all stakeholders for the future of the sport we all love,” the team’s press service concluded.
Earlier that day, the Minister of Sports of the Russian Federation Oleg Matytsin said that the football Super League no longer exists. He noted that this project was only an initiative of individual clubs, which received a negative assessment from the International Olympic Committee, FIFA, UEFA, our Russian Football Union.
19 April Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético, Milan, Inter and Juventus »Announced the organization of a new tournament – Superleague.
The announcement of the creation of a new tournament caused a negative reaction from UEFA itself, as well as from the UEFA football associations and the top divisions of the football leagues in England, Italy and Spain – clubs from these countries were the founders of the Super League. The International Football Federation (FIFA) also condemned the project.
UEFA officials said that all clubs participating in the Super League will be barred from playing in all other domestic, European and world competitions, and players from these teams may be banned from playing for their national teams.