Common New Year’s Resolutions and How To Tackle Them

Photo of author

By admin

The New Year is almost here so we made you a little cheat guide so you can crush your resolutions.

 Most Common New Year’s Resolutions  

Although everyone is unique, our aspirations are pretty much similar simply because everyone wants to feel well and be happy. Therefore, we all have common goals, such as:

  • Lose weight, exercise more, eat well
  • Learn a new skill
  • Live life more fully
  • Improve our finances
  • Quit a bad habit like smoking
  • Spend more time with loved ones
  • Make your lifestyle more eco-friendly

All of these goals seem legit yet studies have shown that approximately 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by February 1st so let’s make sure you belong to the remaining 20%.

 Crush Your New Year’s Goals With These Simple Tips            

First and foremost, you need set goals that align with your desired lifestyle, that way, a crazy schedule won’t stop you from completing what you set of to do. A habit you want to install needs to be an action of a person you aim to become, that way, it will become a part of your identity and therefore, easier to stick to. Here are a few tips to set you off for success.

 Make sure your goals are in sync 

For example, if you want to improve your financial health and make your lifestyle greener, consider investing in renewable energy such as solar panels. The action on its own doesn’t even have to be a serious investment as you can simply compare and analyze renewable energy Met Ed electric plans and providers in order to find a more affordable provider such as First Energy that also offers renewable energy options. With one simple action such as comparing electric rates, you will achieve two goals.

 Make sure your goals are SMART  

The acronym stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. It means your goal cannot be vague such as losing weight. You need to specify how you want to look and more importantly, exactly how you will feel once you accomplish the goal so you know you did it. They need to be measurable in figures so you can track your progress and possible to attain as someone who suffers from asthma is hardly capable of conquering Mont Everest. Also, you need to be realistic in terms of the time frame as an intern can hardly become a CEO within a year.

 Get back on track quickly 

Nobody is perfect and neither are you, so setbacks are a part of the journey. The only thing that matters is not to repeat the mistakes- learn from them and do better next time.

 Feel it 

Lose weight and work out to feel good, not just to look good. Adding emotion is what makes all the difference.

 Think outside the box 

If you want to eat well and adopt a greener mindset, how about trying a plant-based meal plan. A New Year resolution is all about creating a new identity that you desire so be open to new ways that can enrich your life and remember- every action is a step towards the person you want to become. If you tackle your resolutions that way, that won’t feel like a chore but an adventure. Being outside more won’t only ease your budget through a lowered Met Ed electric bill but it will also benefit your physical health and overall wellbeing.

Remember, life-changing resolutions can be as simple as drinking plenty of water and moving more such as walking 30 min a day. Pensylvania is a wonderful place to pursue your happiness with wonderful wilderness and breathtaking beauty so a life changing decision could be as simple as opening your eyes and enjoying the environment you are in.