Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know as you start your day …
Border-region terror suspects have GOP’s McCarthy sounding the alarm
EXCLUSIVE: House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday requested a classified briefing from the FBI and CIA for congressional leadership and Vice President Harris about suspected terrorists apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border, sounding the alarm about “the number of bad actors” that have escaped arrest and could currently be residing in the U.S.
This week, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that two Yemeni men had been apprehended and identified on a terror watch list in the El Centro Sector in California in the last two months.
In a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray and CIA Director William Burns, exclusively obtained by Fox News, McCarthy, R-Calif., requested a “classified briefing regarding certain individuals apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol” for himself, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, as well as Vice President Harris, citing her recent appointment to lead the Biden administration’s efforts on the border crisis. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Trump says he doubts Biden ‘making the decisions,’ calls border wall chatter ‘positive step’: report
– Here’s what Harris did in California – instead of address border crisis
– Rep. Jordan: Biden’s immigration policies have led to ‘more than a crisis’ at the border, ‘It is chaos’
– Sara Carter: ‘Big concern’ with intel officials is some border ‘got-aways’ are terrorists
– RNC Chair McDaniel: Where’s Kamala? Biden’s border point person can’t be bothered to show up. Here’s why
– Stephen Miller: ‘If cartels had a vote,’ they would back Biden border policies ‘unanimously’
CBS defends ’60 Minutes’ DeSantis report despite pledge to provide ‘full, fair, and contexted reporting’
When then-President Donald Trump accused CBS News’ “60 Minutes” of deceptively editing an interview he did with correspondent Lesley Stahl during the 2020 election campaign, the program stood by a pledge of “full, fair and contexted reporting.”
However, the network’s response to criticism of a botched hit piece targeting Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis suggests it has strayed from its once-lauded professional standard.
On Tuesday, the network appeared to drastically lower the bar with its defense of a selectively edited clip of DeSantis responding to allegations by correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi that the governor engaged in a pay-to-play scheme by giving supermarket chain Publix lucrative vaccine distribution rights following a $100,000 donation to his political action committee. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Florida Dem claims he told CBS DeSantis-Publix story was ‘bulls—‘; producer says info used ‘on background’
– CBS blasted for statement defending ’60 Minutes’ report on DeSantis: ‘Only going to make things worse’
– Botched ’60 Minutes’ DeSantis story latest mainstream media hit piece on potential 2024 GOP contender
– Axios hammered over claim DeSantis is ‘milking,’ ‘seizing’ on much-criticized ’60 Minutes’ report
Steyn: Biden ‘consciously enriching cartels’ with ‘entirely dissolved’ southern border
In his “Fox News Primetime” monologue on Tuesday, host Mark Steyn lamented the exponential increase in human smuggling into the U.S. as the Biden administration fails to secure the southern border.
Steyn said that under the current president, the Department of Homeland Security is “laughably misnamed” and that the chaos and undoing of previously stringent policies have opened a horrifying “express-lane” for human traffickers.
Steyn also told of a Filipino national serving as a priest in Vermont reportedly being deported because his temporary visa expired before the bureaucracy was able to process his Green Card application.
“Fortunately under the laughably misnamed Department of Homeland Security there’s now an express check-in — Just get a human trafficker to throw you into the country,” he said, pointing to video of Mexican traffickers dropping toddlers off of a 14-foot section of border wall constructed under President Donald Trump. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Texas, Louisiana sue Biden administration for ‘refusing’ to take criminal illegal immigrants
– HHS opens new site for migrant children near packed Donna facility
– NASA employees reportedly asked to volunteer to work with unaccompanied migrant children
– Majority of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of border crisis and immigration: poll
– San Francisco school board reverses decision to rename schools; Washington, Lincoln spared
-Biden tells Georgia to ‘smarten up’ to avoid losing business over new election law
– Maryland Navy sailor shot seen running inside store for help in chilling surveillance
– Former MMA fighter Tyler East shot and killed in New Mexico
– AOC meets with NYC Jewish group for first time — ending what some called a snub
– Tucker Carlson: Why are Jan. 6 protesters still in jail while murderers walk free?
– Spirit changes wording of tweet blaming parents over mask incident
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– MLB All Star Game boycott ‘crushing‘ for Atlanta small businesses
– Biden says decision to move Masters from Georgia is up to tournament operators
– G20 finance officials to meet on pandemic measures, US global minimum tax plan
– Biden says he has not spoken with Fed Chair Powell
– Cryptocurrency inflows hit all-time high of $4.5B in first-quarter
– Donald Trump’s net worth dropped by one-third during his presidency
#The Flashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History.”
SOME PARTING WORDS
Sean Hannity on Tuesday night ripped President Biden, his administration and the media for consistently lying about the new Georgia election law, accusing them of failing the country with consistent corruption and deception.
“In reality, he was caught red-handed lying over and over again and again about it,” Hannity said about Biden on “Hannity.” “Why is everything so scripted? From the reporters he calls on, to the note cards he reads from. What exactly is Joe Biden doing all day? Does anyone even know? Who is actually running the White House?
“Because sadly, instead of covering these real, obvious issues surrounding the President of the United States, the mob in the media is trying to find new, creative ways to spread lies about Republicans,” he added.
Not signed up yet for Fox News First? Click here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go Watch page is now available, providing visitors with Pay TV provider options in their area carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox first thing Thursday.