When the temperature starts going down, it is time to pull out warm comforters. In order to have a good night’s sleep during winter, it is not enough to find a heavy and warm comforter. Linens and blankets should help your body with preserving a comfortable body temperature and not warm it up to the point it is too hot. At Linens & Hutch, you can find a perfect linen comforter made of top-quality materials for cozy sleeping in winter.
Different Types of Winter Comforters
When picking a comforter, you need to pay attention to two important things. Each comforter is made of a shell and its filling. Both these components can be manufactured of different materials and their type and quality will influence the warmth and durability of your comforter. Here are some of the popular shell types for winter blankets:
- Cotton – this is the most classic and popular option as cotton comforter shells are soft, nice to the touch, durable, and heavy enough to provide more warmth;
- Silk – this is not the option for everyone as this material is usually more expensive, but it is natural, warm, and very durable, which means you will get your money’s worth;
- Microfiber – this is a very affordable and light material that retains warmth and is water resistant. This option is perfect for people that live in areas with high humidity.
Also read: What is manga18fx? What are the pros and cons?
While the shell material is important, it is crucial to pick the right filling for warmth and temperature control. Selecting a blanket with a filling that provides a lot of warmth can make it cozy for the coldest days of winter, but too hot for warmer weather. Here are some of the best warm options that also keep the body at a comfortable temperature:
But, while an insulating comforter is a winter essential, finding the right one for your needs isn’t as cut-and-dry as you might think. Not only do you have to find a layer that matches your home decor and shopping allowance, but you’ll also have to think about what’s on the inside. Case in point: fill. Feathers might’ve reigned supreme for decades, but a new assortment of down alternatives offer hypoallergenic and eco-friendly options. It’s also worth checking on the fill power, which quantifies a comforter’s fluff factor. (Read: the higher the fill power number, the cozier and warmer it typically is.)
- Goose down – this is a very traditional filling as goose down naturally retains heat and is perfect for cold winter nights;
- Wool – we all know how warm wool can be. It is a great solution for winters, although wool-filled comforters can be too hot for warmer seasons;
- Alternative down – this type of filling offered at Linen’s & Hutch is a well-rounded option for comforters. It is affordable, light, and warm, yet comfortable during warmer days. The alternative filling is great for allergic people that cannot use feather filling.
Even though winter comforters are made for cold seasons, it is also nice to buy more versatile blankets that will control your temperature.
Also read: Everything You Need to Know About Alienware Aurora