silence doing some facials or taking a bath, with no talking or distractions.
One of the main goals in life, I believe, is to live a long and healthy one. A hundred years seems like a good number – not too short, not too long. In this article, we will explore some of the things that have helped me live a long and happy life.
No big secrets are living to hundreds. But most importantly – take care of your health. You should do regular check-ups to prevent severe diseases. Also, you can use phototherapy with the tips from Dr. José Diego Mier. Try to improve your well-being with an infrared sauna blanket or other devices. It is an excellent way to treat yourself naturally.
My personal experience and observations are the basis of these rules on how to live to a hundred; everyone is different and will have their unique list of things that help them stay healthy and content. So read to learn more!
Is it real to live to a hundred?
Table Of Contents
- 1 Is it real to live to a hundred?
- 2 Things that will help you to live a happy life
- 2.1 Take time with yourself
- 2.2 Eat wisely to live to a hundred
- 2.3 Your strength is in your work
- 2.4 Sleep revitalizes and rejuvenates the body
- 2.5 Time is your friend to live to a hundred
- 2.6 Surround yourself with support
- 2.7 Find your spirituality
- 2.8 Take a rest to live to a hundred
- 2.9 Practice positive thinking
- 3 Main things to learn for a happy life to a hundred
- 4 Conclusion
Yes, it is natural to live to a hundred. I know because I have seen it happen in my own family. My grandfather lived one hundred and three years old, and my great-grandfather lived one hundred and seven years old. There were many obstacles in their lives, but they lived happily. I always asked my grandparents to tell me about their experiences. And now I can share it with you.
Things that will help you to live a happy life
Several things can help contribute to a long, healthy, and happy life:
- One important factor is genetics – if your parents or grandparents lived long and healthy lives, chances are you will too. But even if you don’t have the “longevity gene,” there are still things you can do to improve your odds of living a long and healthy life to a hundred.
- For starters, it’s essential to live a lifestyle that promotes good health. It means eating a nutritious diet, exercising regularly, and avoiding harmful habits like smoking and excessive drinking.
- Besides, staying mentally active is crucial for maintaining a sharp mind as you age. Challenge your brain with activities and learn something new during your whole life.
Below I gathered all rules and tips that helped my grandparents live a long time to a hundred without diseases and with peace in their hearts.
Water is a source of life
Staying hydrated is crucial for maintaining health and preventing disease. Drinking plenty of water daily reduces toxins, helps weight loss, and improves skin complexion. I never leave home without my Chanel and a water bottle and sip water even if I don’t feel thirsty. One more thing — I don’t drink soda. My best drinks for a healthy statement:
- Pure water;
- Green tea;
- Herbal tea from berries;
- A bit of wine.
Take time with yourself
Taking care of yourself is essential for both physical and mental health. Doing something you enjoy, whether reading, walking in nature, or yoga, can do wonders for your overall well-being. I set aside 30 minutes of “me time” daily for hand knitting or taking a bachata class. Sometimes I just spend time in silence doing some facials or taking a bath, with no talking or distractions.
Eat wisely to live to a hundred
Many studies show what foods to eat and avoid for optimal health, so I won’t bore you with the details. I will tell you the rules I use in my everyday diet, and I always feel in good health and full of energy.
Veggies are the key to a long life
That’s right, and if you want to live to be a hundred years old, you must ensure that you’re eating your veggies. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants essential for good health. The list of my favorite veggies:
- Beets and carrots;
- Tomato, pepper;
- Apple, grapes;
So load up your plate with as many different colors of fruits and vegetables as you can. Fresh is always best, but frozen or canned (without added salt or sugar) will work in a pinch.
Practice the 80% rule
The 80% rule is a simple concept: eat until you are 80% full. It means being more mindful of your portion sizes and eating slowly enough to give your body time to signal when it’s had enough. You can apply the 80% rule to any food, but it’s beneficial with calorie-dense foods like sweets, oils, and processed carbs.
By following the 80% rule, I feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally, and I surely will live to a hundred.
Limit the meat
That’s right, folks. To live a long and healthy life to a hundred, you need to limit the amount of meat you consume. I’m not saying go the whole vegetarian (I could never give up bacon), but limiting yourself to one or two servings of meat per week is a good idea. And when you do eat meat, make sure it’s lean and grilled or baked, not fried.
Snack with nuts
Nuts are a great source of energy and nutrients such as healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. You can quickly eat them because it’s unrealistic to overeat. It’s also great brain food. So nuts are your best bet if you’re thinking about a healthy snack.
Your strength is in your work
Work changes people and the world because it drives progress. It gives us success and satisfaction in our productivity. As we age, it is more important than ever to take care of our bodies and do what we need for everyday life and comfort to live to a hundred. Work keeps us in good shape for the rest of our lives.
Sleep revitalizes and rejuvenates the body
Getting a whole night’s sleep is essential to good health.
- Most people need seven to eight hours each night. But don’t oversleep; it leads to bad moods and unproductivity.
- If you feel tired, take a nap during the day for 20 minutes, no more. It will restore you and increase your energy levels.
Lack of sleep can lead to many health and mental problems, including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, and anxiety. With these problems, you won’t enjoy life and live to a hundred.
Time is your friend to live to a hundred
The older you get, the more you realize that time is your friend and it helps to live happily to a hundred. I’ve learned one simple truth: You don’t have to do everything at once and for yesterday. Here are some tips:
- Organize your day so that you don’t overdo the tasks. Do 2-3 significant jobs and 2-3 less important ones
- Stay active and engaged in life.
- Spend time with your family.
- Continue learning new things and keep your mind sharp.
Surround yourself with support
One essential thing that has helped me stay on track with my health and mental goals is surrounding myself with a supportive community.
- Friends and family encourage me to live a healthy lifestyle and make good choices for my well-being.
- I joined a local gym where I’ve met others working on their fitness journey.
- Finally, don’t forget about your inner strength and determination. Sometimes the best support comes from within yourself.
Trust yourself and believe in your ability to make lasting changes in your life to live to a hundred.
Find your spirituality
No matter what that looks like for you, connecting to something bigger than yourself can be a huge source of strength, calm, and motivation. For some people, that’s God or another traditional religion. But it could also be nature, art, music, or anything else that brings you joy and a sense of peace.
When you feel connected to something larger than yourself, your worries and day-to-day problems start to feel less important. You may even feel more grateful for the good things in your life. And this faith will help you live to a hundred.
Take a rest to live to a hundred
I know it sounds counterproductive, but one of the best things you can do for your health is to take a day off. Relax, sleep in, and just enjoy doing nothing. I’m a big fan of taking at least one day off from all forms of exercise. I firmly believe my body needs time to recover, repair, and rejuvenate.
Practice positive thinking
They said that we become what we think about. So if we want to live a long, healthy, and happy life to a hundred, we must focus on positive thoughts and outcomes. It doesn’t mean ignoring reality or pretending problems don’t exist. But it does mean believing that we have the power to overcome any obstacle and create the life we want.
Main things to learn for a happy life to a hundred
My grandfather always told me that there are seven things I must learn during my life to feel satisfied and happy and live to a hundred. And I will share them with you:
- Find joy in life. Enjoy every minute you live.
- Bring happiness to others: be humane.
- Always forgive everyone and yourself.
- Repent your mistakes and remember them.
- Laugh heartily with people and with yourself.
- Breathe freely, deeply, and with pleasure.
- Sleep enough and be content.
Living a long, healthy life to a hundred doesn’t happen accidentally. It takes effort, planning, and, most importantly – making the right choices. But it’s worth it because a life well-lived is a beautiful thing. The article’s rules and tips help me feel happy and healthy. So if you use at least some of them, life will change for the better. Take care of yourself, your mind, and your body, and you’ll be on your way to a happy and healthy life to a hundred.
Author’s name: Liam Mills
Liam Mills is a Product Expert and ex-Supplier Quality Assurance Manager at Walmart, and the Founder of ValueHunta, a contributor to Heliotherapy Institute.