You like to take pictures and have the best camera to capture them, but what if your struggle is no use? Don’t worry; we got this matter. You might be in a search for reasonable and best lenses to make your pictures attractive.
You can use a non fisheye lens to fulfill your photography dream at reasonable prices. Fisheye lenses are not your sole option, and you may shoot wide-angle photos without that look if you like. You will get to know some of the pros of working with wide-angle lenses and discuss the fisheye vs. normal lenses, along with a list of some of the best ones without the fisheye effect you can buy.
What is a Wide angle lens?
Table Of Contents
A wide-angle lens is a lens that captures a broader field of view than a conventional lens. A lens length of 35mm or less on a full-frame camera is generally considered wide-angle,
There are several varieties of wide-angle lenses, including:
- Fisheye lens: Fisheye or wide angle lenses consist of a large field of vision, often about 180 degrees. These lenses distort the image, making it look curved. Fisheye lenses may be used to generate distinctive and intriguing photographs, but they are not appropriate for every circumstance.
- Non fisheye lens or wide-angle lenses provide less distorted pictures. Its field of vision is about 100 degrees.
Benefits of using a non-fisheye, wide-angle lens
- Sharpness is the first and most evident advantage of using wide-angle lenses for photography.
- Sharpness is critical for beautiful images; thus, the best lenses will not be those with a small focal length.
- In this regard, images shot with wide-angle prime lenses seem to have far more texture and texture to capture the spirit of your subjects.
- Wide-angle lenses allow you to include more elements in your photograph, which means you won’t have to adjust the composition you intended to capture in the first place.
- When capturing sharp images, it requires an action camera no fisheye involvement to create distortion.
- With wide-angle or non fisheye lens photography, it’s easier to edit in post-production.
- You can always crop out items that don’t fit within the frame, but you can’t put improvements in the image if you don’t record them the first time.
- Wide-angle lenses are small and portable, making them ideal for on-the-go jobs. Every photographer has a vast and hefty pair of lenses they never seem to use because they are too big to carry about, but you won’t have that problem with these, and you’ll get a lot of fantastic full-frame images.
Below is a table showing how to improve resolution with wide-angle lenses,
|Camera||Image Width||Resolution||Lens Focal Length||Field of View||Field of View Increase|
|Analog||Not so wide||18 pix/ft||4.5 mm||36 ft|
|1.3MP||Wide angle||18 pix/ft||2.2 mm||71 ft||2x|
|3MP||Super wide||19 pix/ft||1.7 mm||110 ft||3x|
|5MP||Ultra wide||18 pix/ft||1.3 mm||144 ft||4x|
The Three best examples of non-fisheye lenses in the Market
The widest non-fisheye lens available in the Market are
The Laowa 9mm f/5.6
The Laowa 9mm f/5.6 FF RL is the world’s widest rectilinear lens, designed for full-frame cameras. The incredible 135° field of vision allows you to snap landscape photographs easily and achieve previously unachievable vistas.
The non fisheye lens has two aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion. Despite the unique viewpoint, the lens of Laowa 9mm is tiny (2.4′′ / 6cm in length) and weighs only 12.3 oz. / 350 g.
Samyang is opening off 2019 with a bang. With no less than eight lenses announced for the spring, the third-party optic manufacturer unveiled the XP 10mm F3.5, a premium manual focus lens that will be available first for Canon full-frame DSLRs, with a Nikon F mount fitting following shortly after.
So, what’s so great about the Samyang lens? If you prefer to go wide with your photography, the XP10mm is the world’s widest non fisheye lens, allowing you to go further than ever.
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
It is a wide-angle zoom lens designed for Canon APS-C DSLR cameras. It’s a small, lightweight lens measures 74mm in length and weighs only 240g. The 10-18mm lens canon has a minimum focusing distance of 22cm and an aperture range of f/4.5-5.6.
The Canon wide-angle lens comprises 14 elements organized into 11 groups, including one aspherical and one UD element. Canon’s Super Spectra Coating is used to eliminate flare and ghosting. Its wide-angle non-fisheye lens incorporates an Optical Image Stabilizer that can compensate for up to four stops.
You can capture sharp images with the widest non fisheye lens available on the Market. When compared to a fisheye lens, they provide less distorted pictures and are better in use for photographers. Wide-angle lenses are also integral to capturing the images, and their benefits make them worth buying.